Students in the Auto Body Repair and Painting program experience real world projects with hands-on projects and experiences. Students who complete the Auto-body Repair and Painting program graduate high school with a competitive advantage by integrating industry standard skills with rigorous academic curriculum.
The Auto Body Repair and Painting program aims to prepare our students to be ready for a career, not just a job after high school. Our students work with industry standard tools and equipment to learn the skills necessary to succeed in the auto industry while being exposed to a variety of career paths in the fields of auto body painting and collision repair. Students research careers, practice the finer points of repair and refinishing, and plan for their future by exploring careers ranging from estimating to detailing. Our students are ready to start their careers with the following industry-relevant skills and knowledge:
- Safe and positive work habits
- Customer service/management skills
- Write, read, and understand an estimate – repair plan
- An understanding of automotive systems like ADAS, SRS/ABS
- Repair, prepping and refinishing of collision-damaged vehicles
- An understanding of structural and non-structural analysis
- Professional detailing interior & exterior
- Certifications from I-Car, AC Service, PPG Paint and Detailing through the International Detailers Association
See our attached document for details & prices of our CTEC AUTO SPA
Students in Auto Body Repair and Painting learn contextualized Math and English, including dual credit from Clackamas Community College. Students receive coaching and resources to explore career options they may want to pursue directly out of the program or with continued education. Coupled with the experiences they have throughout this program, they graduate with a path to a successful career. With a foundation of industry-standard skills, Math and English training, and the ability to interact with technical equipment, our students are ready to pursue their dreams.
Come join us on a virtual field-trip our Auto students took earlier this month to Powers Auto Collision. This is the journey your car would take should it ever need a body repair. Thanks Powers Collision!